Senior And Disabled Resident Transportation
Service area boundaries: Wilke Road to the East, Lake-Cook Road to the North, Huntington/Freeman Road to the West, and Central Road to the South.
All vehicles are lift equipped to accommodate most mobility devices and provide curb-to-curb service anywhere within the Palatine Township boundaries. In addition, our Township vehicles go to Arlington Heights on Monday through Friday for medical appointments only.
The cost is $2.00 for a one-way trip.
To register you must:
- Be age 60 or older OR be disabled and 18 or older
- Live in Palatine Township
- Fill out the registration form and provide a Photo ID (and proof of disability if under age 60)
Bus Service Registration Form: Palatine Township and T.R.I.P.
You may drop off or mail the completed form and documents to:
Attn: Transportation Department
721 S. Quentin Rd, Ste 101
Palatine, IL 60067
or email to Transportation@PalatineTownship-il.gov
To Schedule the bus:
- Call (847)358-6907 on weekdays between 8:00 AM and 2:00 PM to make a reservation.
- Reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance
- Service is available 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Monday-Friday (closed holidays and weekends).
TRIP Bus Service is available for out of Township medical rides only. The cost is $5.00 each way, or $10.00 each way if 2 or more Township boundaries are crossed. Please contact Palatine Township Transportation for destinations and ride availability.
Taxi Voucher Card
Residents registered for the senior and disabled bus service are also eligible for the Taxi Voucher Card. The card may be used on any taxi ride that either begins or ends in Palatine Township.
Please do not call Palatine Township for your taxi ride. You must call the taxi services directly.
Each card will be individualized with your name, client ID and your photo which will be taken at the Township.
The participating taxi services:
303 Cab (847) 364-0303
American Taxi (847) 253-4411
Taxi Voucher card swipes are worth $4.00 off the metered taxi fare. Only one voucher card swipe can be used per ride. You are allowed 10 voucher card swipes per month.
Voucher card swipes do not carry over from the previous month. Your card will be automatically reset at the beginning of each month to 10 voucher card swipes.
Tipping is at the expense and discretion of the rider. You cannot use your voucher card swipes for tips.
Remember, service is in great demand during rush hours and inclement weather, so make your plans accordingly.
If you have a change in plans, call the taxi service directly.
- You must visit us at the Palatine Township office to obtain your voucher card.
- Cards may only be used with approved taxi companies as set forth by Palatine Township.
- 10 card swipes, each worth $4.00, will be auto loaded on your card at the beginning of each month.
- After the card is swiped you are responsible for paying the balance of the fare and tips.
- If your card is lost or stolen, you must immediately notify Palatine Township.
- Replacement cards will be $5.00 each.