The Palatine Township Food Pantry provides assistance to anyone in need living within our Township boundaries. We assist families and individuals who come from various backgrounds. The pantry has served an average of 550 families each month during the past year. Families may come to the Food Pantry every 30 days for groceries, free of charge. Dairy products and meat are available in addition to breads, canned and boxed food. Our Food Pantry offers the ability for clients to shop for individual preferences.
The Palatine Township Food Pantry is open:
- Monday 1:00 PM to 6:30 PM
- Wednesday 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
- Thursday 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM
If you need assistance:
Food Pantry Assistance may be available for eligible residents who are facing financial hardships making it difficult to provide necessities for themselves or their family members.
What to do if you need assistance in utilizing the Food Pantry only:
You must be a resident of Palatine Township to be eligible to use the Food Pantry and provide these required documents:
- Photo ID (Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, Matricula)
- Current utility bill
- Birth certificates or medical insurance cards with dates of birth listed for all household members
- Completed Program Requirement Application Form
- Send the completed Program Requirement Application Form, along with the required documents to Reach@PalatineTownship-il.gov.
If you have questions or need financial assistance, contact the Township offices at (847) 358-6700. If you need General Assistance, please click here for the General Assistance link.
We rely on and appreciate all nonperishable donations. Food drives are always needed to keep our shelves stocked, but each and every individual donation adds up, enabling us to fulfill our mission.
You can also shop our Amazon wish list Click To Shop
* Please select the Palatine Township’s Gift Registry Address as the delivery address. Include your email, phone number and address on the Amazon donation so that we can send you a receipt. Thank you.
Our pantry can use your help! Here are our current most needed items:
Food (pop tops for canned goods are appreciated):
- Pasta Noodles
- Pasta Sauce
- Dried Beans (black or pinto)
- Canned Tomatoes (diced or chunks)
- Condiments – Ketchup/Mustard
- Body Wash
- Liquid Laundry Detergent/Dish Soap
Monetary donations are also appreciated and are fully tax deductible. The name of the charitable organization is the Palatine Township Needy Family Fund. As a member of the Greater Chicago Food Depository, monetary donations are used to buy both nonperishable and fresh food in bulk at greatly reduced prices. From a Pantry family: “I would like to thank you for your kindness and generosity. I am truly grateful for your support at this difficult time in our lives. Without your help I would be unable to feed my family…” Thank you for your donation and making a difference in our community.