We are seeking a skilled and compassionate professional individual to join our team. This position will provide support to the Transportation Department and will work closely with senior and disabled clients.
This part time position work schedule is Monday through Friday, up to 21 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will enjoy helping the public as well as maintaining an efficient office environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Random drug test, background check
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to utilize personal automobile occasionally for driver transport
- Special consideration will be given to multilingual candidates
- Ability to lift 35 lbs and stand for prolonged periods of time
Credentials & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Scheduling software a plus
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage our TMS (Transportation Management System) to plan, dispatch & manage
- Answer calls regarding transportation service
- Sign up new clients for Transportation and offer additional Township services
- Effectively communicate with drivers, including 2 way radio
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Track and record daily routes including mileage, fuel, time, and fare collection
- Gather reporting data for Transportation Director, Administration and Board
- From $19 Commensurate with experience
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
- Flexible Savings Account
To complete the application on mobile devices, please download the Adobe Fill and Sign mobile app.
Candidate must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible for employment in the United States. Palatine Township does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap; complies with the provisions of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act.