Palatine Township Food Pantry
The Palatine Township Food Pantry provides assistance to anyone in need living within our Township boundaries. Many clients have traditional families that have had temporary setbacks due to unemployment or illness; single parent families where one income barely pays the rent and senior citizens and the disabled who face spiraling medical costs. The pantry has served an average of 345 families each month during the past year. Families may come to the Food Pantry every 30 days for groceries, free of charge. Dairy products and meat are available in addition to breads, canned and boxed food. Our client choice Food Pantry offers the ability to shop for individual preferences.
The Palatine Township Food Pantry is open:
- Effective Monday May 10, 2021
- Every Monday from 1:00 PM to 6:30 PM, every Wednesday 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM, and Thursday from 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Palatine Township is suspending Saturday hours until further notice.
We rely on and appreciate all nonperishable donations. Food drives are always needed to keep our shelves stocked, but each and every individual donation adds up, enabling us to fulfill our mission.
You can also shop our Amazon wish list Click To Shop.
* Please select the Palatine Township’s Gift Registry Address as the delivery address. Include your email, phone number and address on the Amazon donation so that we can send you a receipt. Thank you.
- Manual Can Opener
- Kitchen Utensils: Whisk, Spatula, Wooden Spoons, (NON GLASS items)
- Paper Plates/Cups/Plastic Silverware
- Ice Scrapers
- Razors/Shavers, Shaving Gel/Shaving Cream (for men or women)
- Laundry Soap, Dish Soap, Paper Towels, Kleenex
- Toothpaste, Deodorant, Body wash, Hand soap
- Laundry Soap
- Razors/Shavers, Shaving Gel/Shaving Cream
Recurring donations needed:
- 100% Juice Bottles or Boxes
- Pancake Mix and Pancake Syrup
- Granola Bars
- Snacks (crackers/chips/etc.)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly (strawberry)
- Condiments – Ketchup, Salad Dressing, Mayonnaise
- Pasta Sauce
- Baby Wipes
- Disposable Diapers (Size 5 and 6)
- Liquid Dish Soap
- Laundry Soap
- Cleaning Products
- Personal Products (shampoos, soap, feminine products)
- PAPER GROCERY BAGS
Monetary donations are also appreciated and are fully tax deductible. The name of the charitable organization is the Palatine Township Needy Family Fund. As a member of the Greater Chicago Food Depository, monetary donations are used to buy both nonperishable and fresh food in bulk at greatly reduced prices. From a Pantry family: “I would like to thank you for your kindness and generosity. I am truly grateful for your support at this difficult time in our lives. Without your help I would be unable to feed my family…” Thank you for your donation and making a difference in our community.