Cook County Vehicle Sticker
Cook County Vehicle Stickers
Cook County Vehicle Stickers for Unincorporated Residents only must be displayed on your automobile by July 1, and they are available at the Township Offices for a $3 processing fee.
- If you purchase your sticker after July 1, you will be charged a late penalty equal to the price of the sticker or $25, whichever is greater. You may also be subject to additional penalties if your sticker is not displayed by July 1.
- Individuals who have turned 65 by July 1 are entitled to a “No Fee” sticker that remain effective for as long as he or she owns that vehicle. This discount is limited to 2 passenger vehicles or trucks weighing less than 10,000 lbs. Senior who own large trucks, motorcycle or trailers are required to pay full price for those stickers.
- Newly-acquired vehicles: For any new or used vehicle purchased or acquired after July 1, a valid Cook County Vehicle Sticker must be displayed within 30 days of the date of acquisition. Proof of purchase required.
- For vehicles purchased on or after December 1 of the application year, Vehicle Stickers may be purchased at half price (excluding seniors), when proof of purchase is provided.
- New residents: Within 60 days of taking up residence within the unincorporated area of Cook County, a current Cook County Vehicle Sticker must be displayed on the owner’s vehicle. Proof of occupancy required.