Discount Prescription Card
Frequently Asked Questions
What is it?
- The discount prescription card program helps consumers save money on their prescription medications, especially if they have no health insurance.
- The free cards are distributed by Palatine Township in conjunction with Coast2Coast Rx and may be used locally and nationwide at any participating retail pharmacy nationwide.
- The discount card is not intended to replace insurance.
How much will people save?
- Savings average over 40% annually.
- Discounts may be higher or lower, depending on the drug and quantity purchased.
- Over 60,000 brand name and generic drugs available under the program.
Who can use the card?
- All township and non-township residents regardless of age, income or existing health coverage may use the cards.
- There are no enrollment forms, no membership fees or restrictions on the frequency of use.
Is there a Website for information about the card?
- Information is available at the Palatine Township website.
- Information is also available from the Coast2Coast Rx Card web site, www.coast2coastrx.com/palatine/
Can a health insurance prescription card be used at the same time with the Coast2Coast rx card?
- Only one card can be used when filling a prescription.
- In some cases the card may offer better pricing than certain health insurance plans. So it is important for residents to compare pricing whether or not they have insurance.
Does everyone qualify to use the card?
- Anyone over the age of 18 may use the card.
- A parent or guardian can get discounts on prescriptions for dependents who are under the age of 18 years.
Are there limits on usage?
- A cardholder and their family may use the card as often as needed.
- Family members include all dependents, including grandchildren.
What does a cardholder pay?
- The cardholder pays the negotiated discount price or a pharmacy’s retail price – whichever is lower.
- There are no charges or fees for the card.
What if the cardholder is a Medicare Part D participant?
- Due to a gap in Medicare coverage, Medicare participants may pay up to $1,500 per year in out-of-pocket costs.
- The card may help Medicare participants save on their prescriptions while in the “donut hole”.
Which pharmacies participate?
- More than 59,000 pharmacies nationwide accept the card, including all chain pharmacies and over 95% of the independents.
Where can I get the card?
- Palatine Township Center, 721 S. Quentin Road, Palatine
- Palatine Township Senior Citizen Center, Social Services, 505 S. Quentin Road, Palatine
- Palatine Opportunity Center, 1585 N. Rand Road, Palatine
- Most pharmacy locations serve as pick-up locations for the card.
- To download the card visit www.coast2coastrx.com/palatine/
Who issues the card?
- Financial Marketing Concepts, Inc., Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida owner of the Coast2Coast Rx Card, administers the program.
Is information confidential?
- Cardholder information remains confidential and is not resold to a third-party for any reason
Palatine Township – Discount Prescription Card
59,000 + participating pharmacies including all major chains and most independents Over 60,000 drugs included in formulary Savings up to 65% on brand name & generics Savings of 20% – 40% on an annual basis Card is good for an entire family Cardholder pays no fees for the card No paperwork to fill out – card is ready to use There are no health, age or income restrictions; everyone qualifies Card has no expiration date and can be used as often as needed Card can be used to fill pet prescriptions at participating pharmacies Card is primarily for uninsured although insured can use the card if they have a high deductiable, or the card offers a lower price than insurance In some instances the card can be used during the Medicare Part D “donut hole” Cardholder information is held confidential and is not used for any other purpose The card includes 50% – 80% discounts on lab and imaging test