Thanksgiving Basket Donor Sign Up
This program assists under-resourced families from our community. We help by providing them with all of the ingredients needed to prepare a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
Donation sign up deadline: November 4, 2022
The suggested basket contents are listed below but feel free to add a card, note, or other food items that you feel would benefit the family
Suggested Basket Contents:
|Canned Vegetable (up to 4 cans)||Fruit (2 cans)|
|Chicken Broth (2 cans)||Instant Mashed Potatoes (1 large box)|
|Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate||Jell-O (2 boxes)|
|Cranberry Sauce (1 can)||Piecrust Mix and Pie Filling (1 can)|
|Cream of Mushroom Soup (1 can)||Stuffing Mix (1 bag)|
|Dessert Mix (2 boxes cake or brownie mix)||Sweet Potatoes (1 large can)|
|Evaporated Milk (1 can)||Turkey Gravy (2 cans)|
|Other optional food items:||Cereal|
Basket Drop-off dates: November 7 through 17, 2022
- Note that all items in the basket should be non-perishable.
- No frozen turkeys accepted.
- A large laundry basket works great to package your donation!
- A $25 grocery store gift card would be appreciated. A gift card enables families to purchase a turkey and other perishable items for their meal. Please hand the gift card to Township staff when you drop-off your basket. (Do not include the gift card in the basket.)
- Thank you for your generosity.
- If you have questions, please contact the Township at 847-358-6700.
Interested, But Your Shopping Time Is Limited? Please consider participating in our Gift Card Program (no larger than $25 denominations please) or make a tax deductible donation to the Needy Family Fund.